Business Development Manager
As a Client Success Manager, you will serve as an integral role in the business development process in the agency. The Client Success Manager will help maintain all day-to-day activities of business development including project and database management through a CRM and vetting potential clients as well as serving as an agency representative and strategist in carrying out specific business development opportunities through the development of proposals and/or scopes of work.
The role is best for someone who is looking to be grow and learn every day. They thrive on challenges and are always looking to improve. They can learn and adapt quickly and bring learnings from the process to the team and implement them for greater success.
- Serve as a representative on behalf of The Abbi Agency at business development calls and internal calls.
- Use of digital project management system to traffic assignments and communicate between teams.
- Management and upkeep of Hubspot CRM system to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of business development opportunities.
- Identifying and vetting new prospective opportunities and request for proposals (RFPs) to provide recommendations on whether or not to pursue.
- Management of the business development process to ensure that RFPs, proposals and deliverables are moving forward in a timely manner and meeting deadlines.
- Provide review and oversight for all proposals, scopes of work (SOWs) and RFPs to ensure they are professional, complete, gramatically correct and in alignment with agency messaging.
- Support in the onboarding phase to ensure the agency’s team for any new clients has all important background, context, information and resources.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Set up outlines for RFPs and proposals
- Write briefs for RFPs and coordinate teams efforts (amongst business development team and subject matter experts/strategists)
- Edit scopes of work, proposals and RFPs for grammar, spelling, messaging, etc.
- Provide copywriting assistance on proposals, RFPs and scopes of work when needed
- Manage the agency’s overall business development pipeline (through CRM) and ensure accurate data entry for accurate reporting
- Conduct research on business development opportunities to guide strategic direction and vet prospective clients for recommendation on best-fit
- Maintain list of current contract renewals and assist in scope of work development and updates for clients
- Create change orders and scope of work expansions for current clients
- Create account onboarding sheets for new clients joining the agency
- 2-4 years of experience in writing, marketing, sales or business development
- Proficiency of Google suite of products
- Highly organized
- Manage your own daily priorities and responsibilities to meet deadlines, and company priorities and perform duties independently throughout the day
- Ability to multitask and be a creative problem solver
- Established track record of consistent and valuable relationship building
- Hubspot CRM experience
The Abbi Agency is an integrated marketing communications agency specializing in creative, digital and public relations services with offices in Reno and Las Vegas and employees worldwide. The agency has executed award-winning integrated marketing campaigns for clients including Visit Carmel, North Lake Tahoe, the Yosemite Conservancy, Plumas Bank, Nevada Health Link and Travel Nevada. The agency works extensively in the travel and tourism, healthcare, technology, public affairs, government and real estate and construction industries. The Abbi Agency is a Certified B Corporation and uses this foundational mission to make the agency a force for good, leading with a philosophy of “Be Bold. Be Boundary-Breaking. Be Big-Hearted.” Learn more at theabbiagency.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are fiercely independent and true to our mission, vision and values— but also fiercely dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion and leaving the communities we enter better off than we found them. As a woman-owned business enterprise, we understand the importance of elevating voices that are not always readily heard, of extending opportunities for career growth to a diverse workforce, and of practicing cultural humility as we navigate the nuanced needs, wants and perspectives of a vibrant and varied constituency.