Are You Ready for your Abbi Agency Internship?
Calling all PR Spring 2018 interns!
Ready to gain the experience needed for a future career in communications? Better yet, complete your internship while surrounded by experienced practitioners, dogs and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns! Below is super official description of the position:
The public relations internship is a semester-long position within the public relations department. PR interns will work closely on a variety of accounts. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, client reporting, content development, event coordination and everyday office support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real world experience and education you’ve been craving.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Tracking and logging placements weekly
- Conducting background research for clients
- Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs and newsletter content
- Fulfilling general media requests
- Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
- Attending and working client-related events
- Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
- Junior or Senior standing as of Spring 2018 in a journalism, pr, advertising, marketing or related program
- Ideally, the previous completion of at least one internship
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Shoot us your resume, a cover letter and two reference contacts, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please apply by Friday Dec. 15, we will notify applicants for an interview by Dec. 19.
ARE YOU THE ABBI AGENCY’S NEW PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE?
Are you a top-performing public relations professional with strong media relationships and a keen eye for news? If so, then we are looking for you—our new Public Relations Account Executive. JOB DESCRIPTION The Abbi Agency is seeking an Account Executive to join its team of public relations professionals. Reporting directly to the VP of Public […]Read more
ARE YOU THE ABBI AGENCY’S NEW PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT MANAGER?
Are you a public relations professional looking for a new challenge? Do you thrive on working across accounts, strategizing, and leveraging all of a brand’s assets to get best results? If so, then we are looking for you—our new Public Relations Account Manager. JOB DESCRIPTION The Account Manager is a key member of the team […]Read more