Ready to gain the experience needed for a future career in communications? Better yet, complete your internship while surrounded by experienced practitioners, dogs and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns! Below is super official description of the position:
The public relations summer internship program is a summer-long position within the public relations department. PR interns will work closely with the PR team on a variety of accounts. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, client reporting, content development, event coordination and everyday office support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real world experience and on the job training you’ve been craving.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Tracking and logging placements weekly
- Conducting background research for clients
- Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs and newsletter content
- Fulfilling general media requests
- Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
- Attending and working client-related events
- Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
- Junior or Senior standing as of Summer 2019 in a journalism, PR, advertising, marketing or other related program
- Previous completion of one internship
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Shoot us your resume, cover letter, two writing samples and two reference contacts, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please apply by Friday April 26, we will notify applicants for an interview by April 29.
Want to see more awesome posts like this?
Sign up to receive updates and be one of the first to know when we have fresh content!