Calling all Fall 2018 Interns! Join Our PR Team.
Ready to get that essential internship experience while surrounded by cool people, puppies and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns! Below is the super official position description.
This internship is a semester-long position within the public relations department. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, content development, event coordination, client reporting and everyday administrative support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real-world experience and education you’ve been craving.
We’re serious about providing our interns with an experience that prepares and develops you as a professional. In fact, we’ve even created a series of educational sessions called The Abbi Academy that introduces you to the fundamentals of agency work.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
● Developing and maintaining media lists
● Tracking and logging placements weekly
● Conducting background research for clients
● Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs and newsletter content
● Fulfilling general media requests
● Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
● Assisting with public relations team in research and presentation of new tools and relevant PR data
● Attending and working client-related events
● Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
THE ABBI ACADEMY:
All Abbi Agency Interns receive access to eight Abbi Academy sessions. These sessions provide both training and a look into the day-to-day work of each manager within an integrated agency. All interns are provided clear-cut takeaways that are applicable to students now and in a multitude of future job roles.
2018 Fall Abbi Academy Sessions (subject to change) are as follows:
● PR 101
● Intro to Research
● Intro to Writing
● Intro to Content Marketing
● Intro to Media Relations
● Intro to Local Media
● Intro to Social Media
● Intro to Brand Development
● Junior or Senior standing as of Fall 2018 in a journalism, pr, advertising, marketing or related program
● Previous completion of one internship
● Excellent creative and technical writing skills
● Proficient in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
● Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
● Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Shoot us your resume, a cover letter, and two reference contacts, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Application Deadline: Jul 20, 2018
Fall 2018 Internship Program: Aug 20 – Dec 14
Abbi Agency Founder Tapped to Serve as Lead Judge for ESTO Destination Marketing Awards
Abbi Whitaker will join the ESTO Awards Destination Marketing Committee as a lead judge, guiding the efforts of five or more destination marketing panel in evaluating the performance of travel marketing throughout the country.Read more
Introducing “Connections: Travel Influencers and Destination Marketing”
The Abbi Agency is proud to introduce our new eBook—"Connections: Travel Influencers and Destination Marketing". We look forward to revealing trends, facts, and figures about the destination marketing industry.Read more