Calling all Public Relations Interns—Join Our Fall 2019 Program!
Ready to gain the experience needed for a future career in communications? Better yet, complete your internship while surrounded by experienced practitioners, PR puppies and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns. Below is a description of the position:
The public relations internship program is a semester-long position within the public relations department. PR interns will work closely with the PR team on a variety of accounts. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, client reporting, content development, event coordination and everyday office support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real-world experience and on the job training you’ve been craving.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Tracking and logging placements weekly
- Conducting background research for clients
- Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs, and newsletter content
- Fulfilling general media requests
- Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
- Attending and working client-related events
- Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
- Junior or Senior standing as of Fall 2019 in journalism, PR, advertising, marketing, communications or other related program
- Previous completion of one internship
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- General understanding of basic PR practices like media lists, press releases, and pitches
- Genuine interest and knowledge of local and national media outlets and day-to-day news coverage
- Comfortable using the Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Interested in working in a fast-paced, integrated marketing agency
- Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Send your resume, cover letter, two writing samples and two reference contacts to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
The Abbi Agency Achieves Fourth Consecutive Placement on Inc. 5000
The Abbi Agency today is proud to announce that it has been listed as one of Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” for the fourth consecutive year. The list, which ranks the United States’ top 5000 fastest-growing private companies, honors America’s “most-inspiring entrepreneurs” each year.Read more
Abbi Agency Founder Tapped to Serve as Lead Judge for ESTO Destination Marketing Awards
Abbi Whitaker will join the ESTO Awards Destination Marketing Committee as a lead judge, guiding the efforts of five or more destination marketing panel in evaluating the performance of travel marketing throughout the country.Read more