This internship is a semester-long position within the digital content department. Primary responsibilities will include: influencer research and planning, content calendar creation, content development, special care, client reporting and everyday administrative support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real-world experience and education you’ve been craving.
We’re serious about providing our interns with an experience that prepares and develops you as a professional. In fact, we’ve even created a series of educational sessions called The Abbi Academy that introduces you to the fundamentals of agency work.
The Digital Content Intern will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Basic content creation
- Influencer research and outreach
- Content calendar creation and management
- Conducting background research for clients
- Platform research
- Analytics and metrics tracking
- Social listening and social care
- Short-form video production
- Photo editing
- Attending and working client-related events
- Monthly reporting and analysis
THE ABBI ACADEMY:
All Abbi Agency Interns receive access to ten Abbi Academy sessions. These sessions provide both training and a look into the day-to-day work of each manager within an integrated agency. All interns are provided clear-cut takeaways that are applicable to students now and in a multitude of future job roles.
2023 Summer Abbi Academy Sessions (subject to change) are as follows:
- Using Department Tools
- Media Relations
- Building a Brand
- How to Pitch the Media
- Crisis Communications
- Content Marketing
- How to build a resume and portfolio
- Blog Writing
- Social Media
- Website Development
- Building Campaigns
- Public Affairs
- Paid Media and SEO
- Final Portfolio Presentations
- Junior or Senior standing as of Summer 2023 in a journalism, PR, advertising, marketing or related program.
- Previous completion of one internship
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Works well in a dynamic environment
Application Requirements: Resume, cover letter and two reference contacts
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Summer 2023 Internship Program: June 5- August 25, 2023