Are you the bridge between techies and creatives? Then we need you!
Does the world feel right when the forces of technical functionality and creative expression are working in cohesion? Do you think in color and typography but speak in HTML and CSS? Is the foundation of your design backed by the psychology of user experience?
If you have answered yes to any of the following questions, please read on…
The Abbi Agency is looking for an experienced web designer to join our digital team. This is not an entry-level role and a portfolio of previous work is required to be considered for this position.
The Web Designer is responsible for crafting digital experiences. You will work closely with the rest of the web team to create unique and compelling web pages that convey a client’s branding and helps to achieve the strategic goals of their web presence. As an integrated agency, all team members at The Abbi Agency must be able to manage their time autonomously and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Create informative and intuitive web experiences.
- Understand and communicate how your design solutions solve the client’s needs.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet deadlines
Skill Set/Knowledge Required
- A degree or equivalent experience related to Graphic Design, Interaction Design or Computer Science
- Strong understanding of design principles (Layout, Hierarchy, Typography, Color, etc.)
- User interface design fundamentals (Responsive Design, UX, Usability, Affordance)
- Basic understanding of Front-end Development (HTML/CSS)
- Experience in WordPress (Ability to modify website imagery and information)
- Experience in MailChimp and/or similar digital newsletter service
Bonus Skills (Not Required, But Highly Encouraged)
- Experience using design and development programs like Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, and Zeplin
- Launch a basic website from design to development
- Diagnose website rendering issues with developer tools
- Image file-size optimization
Think you are up to the task? Shoot us your resume, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Rise of the Centennial: Getting to Know Generation Z
Generation Z'ers are quickly coming into buying power, entering the workforce, and exerting significant control over cultural conversation—but who are they really, and how can marketers reach them?Read more
Calling all PR Spring 2020 interns!
Ready to gain the experience needed for a future career in communications? Better yet, complete your internship while surrounded by experienced practitioners, PR puppies and lots of Abbi red? The Abbi Academy, an award-winning, 16-week internship program will help you master basic PR principles as well as learn overall marketing strategy within an integrated agency. […]Read more