Are you an experienced public relations professional looking for a new challenge? Are you top-performer with strong media relationships and a keen eye for news? Do you thrive on working across accounts, strategizing, and leveraging all of a brand’s assets to get best results? If so, then we are looking for you—our brand new Senior Public Relations Strategist.
The Abbi Agency is seeking a senior public relations specialist to join its team of marketing professionals. Reporting directly to the Director of Public Relations, you’ll be responsible for owning PR initiatives for clients spanning business-to-business and business-to-consumer in tech, trade and travel/hospitality.
An ideal candidate will have media relations experience, particularly with fast-paced, high growth companies that use marketing to accomplish a variety of objectives. They will also have an understanding of how creative, digital and content intersect together to reach client goals. Most importantly, this person will have experience creating and implementing communications plans that provide results.
In this role, you’ll work with a number of clients to achieve quality/targeted placements in industry and national publications to build brand awareness. This role is client-facing and in some cases serves as the account manager. In other cases, you may only be working on high-level pitching and media relations. The ideal candidate will have relationships with media, have a keen eye/ear for unique stories, and the ability to easily communicate across channels.
Candidates must know how to draft media pitches, work with media and clients on story coordination, have superior writing and editing skills, able to adapt to new reporting platforms quickly, and be extremely organized with internal and external communications. The ideal candidate first and foremost values creative, out-of-the-box ideas that put passion at the forefront of any client account.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Serve as the day-to-day client contact and account manager.
- Have an understanding of reputation management, and the role of PR and content in supporting initiatives.
- Own the creation and management of communication plans for clients.
- Write press releases, media advisories, pitches, talking points and other communication documents.
- Understand the makings of a news story, and how to guide trending topics to align with client messaging and goals.
- Have a set of national / industry media relationships to leverage on behalf of our clients.
- Have experience, either in-house or agency, with working across marketing departments.
- Be willing to use a digital project management system to traffic assignments and communicate between teams.
- Have excellent client communication skills.
Minimum 3-5 years experience with proven results.
We offer a welcoming work environment with a team passionate about working as a collective to push boundaries and achieve results. If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready for, please send us your resume
Want to see more awesome posts like this?
Sign up to receive updates and be one of the first to know when we have fresh content!