Ready to get that essential internship experience while surrounded by cool people, puppies and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns! Below is the super official position description.
This internship is a semester-long position within the public relations department. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, content development, event coordination, client reporting and everyday administrative support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real-world experience and education you’ve been craving.
We’re serious about providing our interns with an experience that prepares and develops you as a professional. In fact, we’ve even created a series of educational sessions called The Abbi Academy that introduces you to the fundamentals of agency work.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
● Developing and maintaining media lists
● Tracking and logging placements weekly
● Conducting background research for clients
● Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs and newsletter content
● Fulfilling general media requests
● Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
● Assisting with public relations team in research and presentation of new tools and relevant PR data
● Attending and working client-related events
● Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
THE ABBI ACADEMY:
All Abbi Agency Interns receive access to eight Abbi Academy sessions. These sessions provide both training and a look into the day-to-day work of each manager within an integrated agency. All interns are provided clear-cut takeaways that are applicable to students now and in a multitude of future job roles.
2018 Fall Abbi Academy Sessions (subject to change) are as follows:
● PR 101
● Intro to Research
● Intro to Writing
● Intro to Content Marketing
● Intro to Media Relations
● Intro to Local Media
● Intro to Social Media
● Intro to Brand Development
● Junior or Senior standing as of Fall 2018 in a journalism, pr, advertising, marketing or related program
● Previous completion of one internship
● Excellent creative and technical writing skills
● Proficient in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
● Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
● Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Shoot us your resume, a cover letter, and two reference contacts, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Application Deadline: Jul 20, 2018
Fall 2018 Internship Program: Aug 20 – Dec 14
Want to see more awesome posts like this?
Sign up to receive updates and be one of the first to know when we have fresh content!