Ready to get that essential internship experience while surrounded by cool people, puppies and lots of Abbi red? If you’re passionate, or even curious about a career in public relations and want to learn the inner workings of an agency in a fast-paced and vibrant setting, then please read on…
We are looking for public relations interns! Below is the super official position description:
This internship is a summer-long position within the public relations department. Primary responsibilities will include: research and planning, media relations, content development, event coordination, client reporting and everyday administrative support. The Abbi Agency will fulfill the real-world experience and education you’ve been craving.
We’re serious about providing our interns with an experience that prepares and develops you as a professional. In fact, we’ve even created a 12-week series of educational sessions called The Abbi Academy that introduce you to the fundamentals of agency work.
The PR interns will help lay the groundwork for client success. Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Developing and maintaining media lists
- Tracking and logging placements weekly
- Conducting background research for clients
- Writing press releases, media alerts, blogs and newsletter content
- Fulfilling general media requests
- Monitoring all forms of media for clients and general beat-related news coverage and trends
- Assisting with public relations team in research and presentation of new tools and relevant PR data
- Attending and working client-related events
- Assisting with coordinating press trip logistics
THE ABBI ACADEMY:
All Abbi Agency Interns receive access to eight “Abbi Academy” sessions. These sessions provide both training and a look into the day-to-day work of each manager within an integrated agency. All interns are provided clear-cut takeaways that are applicable to students now and in a multitude of future job roles.
2018 Summer Abbi Academy Sessions (Subject to Change) are as follows:
- PR 101
- Intro to Research
- Intro to Writing
- Intro to Content Marketing
- Intro to Media Relations
- Intro to Local Media
- Intro to Social Media
- Intro to Brand Development
- Junior or Senior standing as of summer 2018 in a journalism, pr, advertising, marketing or related program
- Previous completion of one internship
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills
- Proficient in Google Suite including Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Working knowledge of social media channels for business purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Works well in a dynamic environment
Think you’re up to the task? Shoot us your resume, a cover letter and two reference contacts, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Summer 2018 Internship Program: May 21 – Aug 14
Want to see more awesome posts like this?
Sign up to receive updates and be one of the first to know when we have fresh content!